Tuesday

PHD

I have a terrible case of PHD.  What is PHD, you ask.  Post Holiday Depression.  I get it after every holiday.  Up until now I thought it was something I made up.  But it's not!  Okay, so it goes by a number of different abbreviations (PVDS - Post Vacation Depreciation Syndrome and PTD - Post Travel Depression, being a couple of examples), but it's a real thing.  Ask Google.

Anyway, this bout has been particularly bad.  Normally it kicks in when I get home, when I'm putting on my third load of washing and I realise that I'm going to have to be up at 6 the next morning for work.  This time, it began on the morning we were due to come back to Phnom Penh.  This nasty voice in the back of my head reminding me that at this time tomorrow I'd be at work.  I was lethargic and had no appetite.

I know I sound ungrateful, because, really, I should just be happy that I had a holiday in order to get PHD.  And, seriously, the holiday was awesome (you'll hear all about it once I've got through my 3,826 photos - well, not quite that many, but almost!), but right now you'll have to excuse me while I wallow in my PHD for just a bit longer while I do my 15 loads of laundry and refuse to wash the chlorine out of my hair.

The silver lining to coming back to real life was watching this amazing sunset over the clouds on our way home.  It may not look amazing with the poor picture quality here, but it was pretty spectacular.


If you went away over the holidays, I hope you had a great time and that you haven't been suffering from PHD since coming back.

By the way, reading this article today didn't make me feel any happier about being back in Phnom Penh!  Rolling blackouts from now until June next year...grrrr.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...