Sunday

Eat: Best cheesecake in PP (so far!) at the Coffee House

Cheesecake is one of my favourite things in the whole world.  However, its not really a particularly Cambodian dessert.  For a while I was making my own, as cream cheese is surprisingly well priced here (buy a 1kg block from Thai Hout).  But making a whole cheesecake every time I got a craving was not good for our waistlines. 

Since then I've been on the lookout everywhere for the cheesecake that's just right.  There are quite a few cafes around that feature cheesecakes but more often than not they are chilled rather than baked.  I, however, I am definitely more a fan of the baked variety, so they haven't quite done it for me.

However I recently found a great baked cheesecake.  Not only that it's only $3 for a generous slice.  Not a bad price for cheesecake.  Plus its just around the corner from the Russian Market so perfect for your after-shopping coffee and cake.

You can find it here:





The Coffee House and The Wine Store are essentially the same place, located about two blocks down the road from the Russian Market (Psaa Toul Tom Poung) on Street 155.  Inside is perfectly air-conditioned so its a great spot to recover after a busy morning bustling around the market.


In addition to cheesecake they have a wide range of Italian Sodas that they make to order.  This is the Raspberry Mojito flavour, the mint is so refreshing (plus it's pretty!).


The coffees are pretty good too.


But, the reason I come here is the creamy baked cheesecake with blueberry sauce.  Yum!!!


In addition to great drinks and cheesecake, the staff are really friendly and efficient.

My official 'go-to' place for cheesecake!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...