Saturday

Eat: No fuss pizza and pasta at Aria d'Italia

I've been a bit quiet on the blog front as we really haven't been doing a whole lot.  But recently The Boy and I recently tried out Aria d'Italia, on Street 310.  


I had heard about this place from few of the PP dining guides, but never passed it.  If you're looking for it it's just behind Khmer Borann (diagonally opposite Gloria Jeans).


I love pizza and pasta, so the menu here really appealed to me.  It's predominately pizza and pasta with a few soups and salads, and just a few main dishes thrown in.  But, more importantly, how cool is the back of the menu?



Am I the only person who thinks this is an awesome idea, especially to keep you occupied when your dining companion heads to the bathroom??

My obligatory beginning to any Italian meal is garlic bread, and the garlic bread here is not bad.


I was surprised to see gnocchi on the menu, I don't think I've ever seen gnocchi on a menu in PP, so I had to give it a shot, of course.


The Gorganzola sauce was yummy, but unfortunately the gnocchi tasted more like mashed potato  : (

The Boy's pizza, on the other hand, was delicious.


I also rather liked their house wine.


Dinner was capped off with some fruit, on the house.  A nice touch, I thought.



One thing I love about Aria d'Italia is that you can look straight into their kitchen and watch the chefs preparing your pizza.  I'm always happy to eat somewhere that's confident enough to let you peek into their kitchen!



I really wanted dessert but we were so full that we had to get it to go (I know, most people just wouldn't get dessert, but we are not most people!).  The Tiramisu was recommended, but we ended up going for the Chocolate Mousse.  I know it doesn't look so great in its take home packaging, but it was very nice, with a hint of coffee flavour.


But the highlight was definitely the Pannacotta with Passionfruit Caramel Sauce.  Again, it doesn't look so great here after the trip home, but trust me, it tasted fantastic.  The Passionfruit sauce complimented the vanilla pannacotta perfectly.  I was very impressed.



The staff here are really friendly and on to it.  If you're into no fuss pizza and pasta then this is the place for you.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...