Monday

Eat: Great Burgers at Java

I have been wanting to share my favourite burger with you for some time now, the only problem is I've never got my camera with me when I eat one.  But finally the other week I made a special trip so that I could share it with you.

My favourite place for burgers in PP is Java Cafe and Gallery on Sihanouk Blvd.  Its in a great location, just a stone's throw from the Independence Monument. (And just around the corner from work!)  The cafe is also a gallery space so there's usually something interesting to look at.   Downstairs is air-conditioned, but personally I prefer to sit on their lovely terrace upstairs.




 From the terrace you have a lovely view overlooking one of the city parks.

Java has a great selection of cafe style food, but the burgers are definitely its biggest draw card for me.  They all come with your choice of cheese, and fries (of course).  The Mushroom Burger is pretty good, and The Boy's favourite is the Bacon Chicken Burger, but for me the ultimate is their Blue Cheese Chicken Burger.

The Boy's Bacon Chicken Burger...


My Blue Cheese Chicken Burger...

That lovely chicken breast oozes Blue Cheese...mmmm.

 

(Sorry I think food that's been half eaten is kind of gross but I really wanted to show you the centre of the chicken dripping with blue cheese, yum!)

The fries can be a little hit and miss, but overall a great burger.

If you are going for dinner, make sure you turn up between 5 pm and 7 pm for Happy Hour.  All cocktails are half price.  I recommend the Passionfruit-Mint Caprioska, its delicious and only $1.50 during happy hour!  You might even get some complimentary home-made crisps.


As I mentioned, Java is also a gallery, here's a peak through the window at the current installation. 


We were fortunate to catch a glimpse of artists at work, in the middle of Sihanouk Boulevard!  (Sorry about the picture quality, didn't have my DSLR with me.)



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...