Wednesday

Eat: Salad at The Sugar Palm on Street 240

Today I was looking for a quick light lunch, so I stopped in at The Sugar Palm, a Khmer restaurant on Street 240 for a salad.   


The Sugar Palm has been recommended to me so many times.  Its not the cheapest Cambodian restaurant, but the food is very tasty.  I love the decor, it's got a really nice feel.


It was also very quiet at 1pm on a Wednesday.



As I said, I was looking for a light lunch so I grabbed a Chicken and Banana Blossom salad.  This would have to be one of my favourite Cambodian dishes and perfect for lunch.  Cambodian salads are always filling, while at the same time light and fresh, with just the right amount of meat to keep you going through the afternoon.  Plus the dressing is always lovely and light with lime juice and just a hint of chilli (nothing like the oily dressings you get on western style salads).

My Chicken & Banana Blossom salad was very tasty.  It's described as a starter on the menu but it was definitely enough for lunch.


The other great thing about Sugar Palm is they don't use MSG.


Who would have thought this would taste so good?





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...