Monday

Eat: Ebony Tree & Coffee Republic

I've been trying out a few more places in my (work) neighbourhood.  I regularly pass the Ebony Tree, and finally decided to give it a go.


I was the only person there and it was quite clear that my presence meant that the kitchen staff could no longer sit in the shady garden chatting to each other.  But, to be fair, the garden is lovely, so who could really blame them.

A moment after I sat down a fan and a mosquito coil were placed at my table to ensure I'd be completely comfortable. 



I ordered a Chicken and Pomelo salad.  I love Pomelo and it really made this salad.  The chicken was warm and the salad was fresh, tasty and filling.



In addition to the cafe there is a, small, boutique at the back of the cafe which I had a quick peek into before I left.


Rather than getting my coffee here, I decided to duck next door to the Coffee Republic.  Situated at the back of Skyline Hotel and Apartments, this place claims to be the best coffee house in Cambodia.  A claim that I felt compelled to test.


There is a wide range of coffees available.  My coffee was pretty good, although I don't know whether it's the best in Phnom Penh.  That being said sitting by the pool was very relaxing.  The cafe has a limited breakfast and lunch menu, as well as some pastries and muffins available too.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...