Monday

Eat: 2 for 1 Tuesdays at Pizza World

I have a guilty secret... I love chain-store pizza.  You know, the pizza most people say isn't "real" pizza, the one with a thick doughy base, loads of melted cheese, and things that wouldn't be caught dead on a "real" Italian pizza, the ones that sometimes have melted cheese inside the crust (mmmm).  I'm not proud of it, but it's true.

Don't get me wrong.  I love "real" wood-fired Italian pizza too (the sort you can get here and here), and I wouldn't dream of comparing the two.  But every so often I get a craving for the fast food style deep dish pizza.  The only problem is, while in Australia that type of pizza is about the cheapest dinner you can get to feed a crowd, in Cambodia they are (comparatively) expensive and if you want it delivered it's even worse.

That is, until Tuesdays.  On Tuesdays I can get my fix of cheesy deep dish goodness, because Pizza World has 2 for 1!  That is precisely the reason why last week we trekked over to Sovanna in the pouring rain.  To have one (actually two) of these bad boys:



We had the Hawaiian, good sizes chunks of meaty bacon and loads of pineapple and cheese.

I recommend sitting near the salad bar so you can witness first hand the impressive Khmer salad bar technique.  



Honestly, it's almost an art form and enables you to get enough salad to feed a large family into a small side salad bowl.  The ultimate in salad-bar value.   For the uninitiated, here's how it's done:


Alternatively, you could just stand at the salad bar looking a little pathetic and one of the staff will probably come and help you.

Either way it makes for interesting viewing over dinner.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...